Reach of the Brilliant Mind

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
-- Albert Einstein


Sunday, December 23, 2007

A few miles of Solitude

Touched upon by the fading waves,
the shores are sculpted away;
The sandy beach shimmers in the moonlight,
As I silently walk my way.

I look up at the stars,
as they adorn the sky tonight;
I've been traveling for long,
but my home's not yet in sight.

The sand's fine,
and every step counts twice;
for every aim, every goal,
asks for its fair price.

A stranger would appear, I wish,
and caringly hold my hand;
We would leave our footmarks,
together on this glittering sand.

Some crossed my way,
but had nothing to share;
The night's slowly passing by,
but to dream, I dare.

but to dream, I dare...


10 comments:

Raghu said...

dude, awesome!
"every step counts twice,
for every aim, every goal,
asks its own fair price."

truly brilliant!
in true TZP spirit!

kads said...

Thanks Raghu! :) haven't seen TZP yet :(

Unknown said...

Excellente Effort! Liked the use of "stranger" and the final lines. I guess you have been doing lot of heart-thinking these days and exploring your horizons :)
Good show!

kads said...

@Manas, thanks for the generous comments :) and yes, the 'stranger' bit is the one which took the most effort :)...it's good to know from you that albeit unintentionally, my posts seem to link to each other :)

Unknown said...

A stranger would appear, I wish,
and caringly hold my hand;

I love the way the statement takes you on a high positive note and "I wish" makes one feel sympathetic for the poet.

Arre kedu bhai 2 good.

Unknown said...

A stranger would appear, I wish,
and caringly hold my hand;

I love the way the statement takes you on a high positive note and "I wish" makes one feel sympathetic for the poet.

Arre kedu bhai 2 good.

Unknown said...

This poem has been very well received in Texas. One of the friends asked me to tell you that --
"every step counts twice;
for every aim, every goal,
asks for its fair price."
is almost haunting.

Cheers!

said...

You have got a true Poet's heart. Words are just a medium. May this poet blossom day by day.

BTW a really good poem. every step counds and stranger ideas are really good.

Quest said...

Hey awesome post.
Luved the last 4 lines, shows the hopes are high and very positive.
Great going. Keep posting.

kads said...

this level of response is simply overwhelming :)...thanks guys!...